Find out what’s on in Athens this September
While you plan your autumn getaway to the vibrant city of Athens, don’t forget to book your tickets in advance for some truly unforgettable performances and events, as there are always many things to do in Athens. A vacation here always leads to cultural exploration, with unmissable activities to help you expand your horizons and return to everyday life rejuvenated by fresh new experiences.
Visit the Odeon of Herodes and witness fascinating performances by contemporary artists, right under the Acropolis:
- Love ballet? On 15-16 September Bejart Ballet Lausanne will be delivering a unique rendition of some Greek dances – seven, to be exact.
- The dog days are over – or not! Don’t miss a thrilling performance by Florence and the Machine on Thursday, September 19 and Sunday, September 22.
- Laughing is good for the body and soul, and we have a great opportunity for you to do just that! John Cleese will be performing his renowned comedy show on September 20, where he will share true stories as well as live sketches.
There are also events not to miss in Zappeion Megaron, a cultural center of national heritage located in the National Gardens of Athens:
- Art Athina is among the biggest annual artistic events of the country. Its 24th installation will be held on 14-16 September and feature exhibitions by prestigious national and international galleries, as well as live performance art.
- Taste of Athens will be returning after a successful debut last year, on 19-22 September. This gastronomical event will feature multiple “pop-up” style restaurants by quality F&B brands. Tasting menus will be offered, as well as the opportunity to “learn from the best” with cooking lessons from Michelin star chefs.
In Athens, there are always events going on that can range from entertaining to culturally enlightening. Start from Life Gallery athens and discover the vibrant art scene of Greece.